If you are an owner or architect you can get a contractor bid in three easy steps.
Keep in mind, a good bid for a remodel or new build can easily take 30-40 hours of work – so while it’s easy for you to ask for one, you are asking for a lot from the contractor.
Here are the steps:
1) Load your plans, pictures and notes.
2) Click the button “ask a New Avenue admin for help”
3) We will follow up with you to set up an initial call. A proven New Avenue contractor will meet with you and then enter their fixed price bid on your project page.
It’s simple and transparent. We won’t send your information to anyone other than our local vetted partner.
First load the plans and/or pictures you want estimated to the timeline and click “make visible to bidders”.
2) Contact us. We have contractors in almost every major city. If we don’t have a proven partner already, we are really good at finding a new one and we will invest 10-20 hours of our own time to find one.
To add your own contractor sign into your New Avenue project page, click on the Proposals & Bids tab, and then select the blue button for + “Invite my own pros” then enter your contractor’s email. They will get an invitation to see the information you loaded. They don’t see anything else.
3) Review your bids. The estimate or bid will be posted in New Avenue’s standard format. The team who is on the project page gets an email. This is usually an architect, and the owners. All of you can sign in and can see the bids or download them.
This is the bid format.
Don’t be intimidated by all those rows. Even a $2,000,000 home only uses about 1/3 of them. For example, you can view or download this expensive custom home Bid Example
. You will most likely have about 40 line items in your bid.
The rest will be left blank. We show you all of these lines because it’s really useful to see what you are not getting! You don’t want to be surprised that landscaping, a driveway or a deck isn’t included!
You can sign up and use the New Avenue system for free here: Get Started
Have any questions? We are available to discuss your goals & ideas. There’s no fee or commitment. To request a time for a call, just click here and tell us when to call you.